Alive in the Spirit
The Ministry Resource & Community Hub invites individuals and communities to be renewed, to be formed and inspired to be equipped to go out on mission to connect with the broader community.
Three long-standing and wide-reaching Catholic networks have combined forces for Alive in the Spirit: the Pastoral Ministry Network, Christian Initiation Australia Network, and the Mission Planners Network Oceania.
The Pastoral Ministry Network (formerly known as NAPPA – NSW Association of Pastors, Pastoral Associates and Pastoral Workers) aims to provide a forum for the encouragement and development of collaborative ministry and leadership among all those involved in Pastoral Ministry (including parish life, education, health, chaplaincies and social services). It seeks to achieve this by:
- developing and disseminating strategies to promote co-operation and mutual support;
- communicating Parish and Diocesan initiatives in pastoral planning and ministry;
- networking and communicating across Parishes, Dioceses and States;
- promoting opportunities for on-going education and formation;
- providing information on current reading and available resources;
- liaising with organisations which have a particular interest in parish ministry;
- exploring and promoting avenues for mediation and advocacy for those in leadership and ministry;
- liaising with the National Lay Pastoral Ministry bodies, the Bishops of NSW through their delegate and the Conference of Leaders of Religious Institutes (NSW).
The Mission Planners Network of Oceania (MPNO) is a professional pastoral planning body that promotes and advocates a culture of planning within the Catholic Church in Oceania. We engage pastoral research and best practices in church growth to offer experience, knowledge, resources and processes that enable dioceses and parishes to advance the mission of Jesus Christ under the guidance of the Spirit.
In providing advice and resources to bishops, dioceses, parishes and practitioners of pastoral planning in various arenas of the Church’s life, the MPNO seeks to realise the following objectives:
- Communicate to be a conduit for information sharing between pastoral planners and facilitators of professional skills;
- Celebrate to encourage ‘esprit de corps,’ energising our ministry through opportunities for prayer, worship and social interaction;
- Educate to offer education and training in pastoral planning theory and practice;
- Incorporate to reach out to new pastoral planners to assist them in the field, provide opportunities for networking and communication, and to help discern the gifts which they can offer to others;
- Collaborate to facilitate the sharing of pastoral planning between Dioceses and initiate research or pastoral planning projects which can be of benefit to the whole Australian Church;
- Advocate to raise issues of national pastoral planning significance and pursue them with pastoral planning offices, the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference and their Commissions, Catholic national agencies and the media.
The Christian Initiation Australia Network (CIAN) is a communication and support network for Australians who share the vision of the catechumenate. The CIAN is made up of Australian pastoral ministers, liturgists, catechists, theologians and all those interested in the Catechumenate. Their purpose is to share the vision and
promote the practice of the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) through sharing ideas and challenges. The CIAN conduct ongoing formation at the national level. CIAN Membership is open to all Australians who have a commitment to and work with RCIA in Australia.
Ask a question
Thank you for your interest in Alive in the Spirit!
Our Alive in the Spirit site offers the following key benefits:
- 40+ workshop opportunities
- Online Community Networking
- And much more!
All for the price of AU$40 for individual registration and AU$200 for group registration.